Learn Why Annual Exams are Important for Your Dental Health
Several individuals may wonder why visiting a dentist twice every year is truly required for their dental health. However, it's a known fact that without twice-yearly dental examinations and teeth cleanings, your dental wellness and your overall health could be negatively impacted. At Made Ya Smile The Woodlands, TX, routine dental visits help by diminishing your odds of getting gum disease with tooth decay prevention. Our The Woodlands, TX professionals know that in order to preserve your teeth, you should visit our dental care practice no less than two times a year.
Steps taken during an oral evaluation?
During an oral exam at Made Ya Smile The Woodlands, TX, we evaluate your upper face, neck, mandible, and lymphatic tissue. The last part of your dental exam could comprise:
- Assessing your gums for signs of gum disease
- Evaluating for any chipped or lost teeth
- Checking your jaw alignment
- Evaluating for indications of mouth or throat cancer
- Looking for damage to current tooth-colored fillings
- Offering a dental x-ray
At our The Woodlands, TX practice, we utilize 3D x-rays to get a more clear picture of each individual's oral health. In the event that dental concerns are diagnosed early on, you lessen your need for more expensive or invasive treatments in the future. After your dental examination, one of our talented hygienists will conduct a dental cleaning. A biannual cleaning is equally as critical as an oral exam since it keeps your enamel and gum tissues in good shape and decreases the chance of getting dental caries or gum disease.
Learning why annual oral exams are critical for your dental wellness
There are several advantages to getting a dental exam each year, including:
- Taking care of gum disease quickly
- Caring for mouth or throat cancer soon
- Treating less severe dental health concerns early
- Rectifying teeth clenching
- Taking care of various other wellness troubles
- Showing you excellent oral maintenance habits
- Checking your jaw and teeth for issues
- Making sure your enamel and gums are in good shape
Find out more information about the positive effects of having oral exams
At Made Ya Smile The Woodlands, TX, we advise adults and their families in The Woodlands, TX to set up regular dental exams. This lets our knowledgeable dental team detect and care for dental wellness complications early before they can turn more severe. In the event that dental health complications are left untreated, they may impact your overall wellness. While skipping a biannual checkup may not seem important, oral health conditions, such as periodontal disease, could occur and become more severe rapidly. To book a yearly exam, call our skilled team at your earliest convenience.